Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Bah-humbug ;-)

It doesn't  *feel* like Christmas. It's cold but muddy out, no snow or ice on the ground. We have been so focused on surviving the latest crisis that there was no pre-planning for gifts & such, and thus none of the planned projects got done.

Christmas was small for us. We barely left the house except to meet with my parents & grandpa and my husband's parents. The kids were spoiled beyond our imaginations as usual, by friends, family & their one "special" gift from us.

But I have totally not been feeling it at all. Monster's still sick. I am sick now. CoCo's sick. My rare day off tomorrow will likely consist of begging grandma to come play with the older kids so the rest of us can go to the doctor all day long.

This morning changed my mood. The big kids always spend Christmas Eve with us, and Christmas Day with their dad. On the drive over this morning, I listened to them discussing the true meaning of Christmas......not presents, but the birth of Christ, and showing love, and being with family.

2 of them talking about wanting to be baptized and the reasons for doing so.

Let me just say, that is the fastest thing that could snap ya outta a scrooge mood! I'm so proud of my babies. Their hearts are full of God and they live for sharing that love.

This may have been the hardest month we have had in a long time, but hearing that discussion between them....that was worth everything we have battled. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment