Sunday, January 6, 2013

Catching Up

Falling behind. I told myself I would disconnect more from technology & I haven't had my computer on enough to get pictures over & write out a blog!

Last week, we started reading the bible before bedtime with the kids. I found a family bible reading plan online & we used it the first day. The big kids had the days of creation figured out from that & the second  night when we finished our 20 or so verses, they begged to keep going. Then they begged for more the next night & the next.

At the rate they have me reading to them, we will have the bible done way before the year is over!

But bragging on them wasn't what my purpose in sharing that was.

We have only been reading in Genesis. Started with the Creation, Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel, Noah & the Ark..
The children were awestruck by some of the details they were getting to the general stories we all have grown up hearing.  And honestly, I'm rather awestruck too.  The magnitude of encountering a serpent & committing the first sin, of killing one's own brother & of building a giant ark when you are SIX HUNDRED years old then loading it all full of animals with their mates, and enough food for them & yourself & your family to live off of for months & months. 600 years old!! I feel like I barely make it thru the day sometimes & I am only 28 & not at all doing that much hard labor!

Not only am I amazed by the scripture we have read, I am amazed at how God has brought it about over & over again the last few weeks in other aspects of life. I hear some of the verses on the radio, I read reference to them online & in discussion with other Christian moms. And I sat thru service today & realized that I had a much better understanding of the sermon that used these people's names to teach.

It reminds me of how important it is to be reading scripture & I'm glad we have started again.

Now, picture make up. #4, #5 & #6.

CarCar doesn't often let me take his picture. But he has asked lately that I do, so I'll start with him ;-)






He was playing cards with Princess P & the faces he makes to her are hilarious!

Stitch, our bipolar kitty......






And precious sleeping peaceful babes.


No comments:

Post a Comment