Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My sewing machine needs a name.

True. It needs named so I can talk about it on my blog like it is part of the family. It is becoming part of the family again. I've got my mojo back, baby. And that means the sewing machine came back out.

Baseball is ending. Soon. Very very soon. I'm so sad. Ok, not really all that sad. But sad that the kids will be sad. Naynen had a game tonight & they won...13-12. It was the longest game ever.





Back on track.... Got home and this uncontrollable urge to craft in some manner. So I tried to figure out what I could start that wasn't going to interrupt sleeping children or a TV watching husband.

A long while back, we put a mini blind on our front door, that has glass windows nearly the full length. Kids and Cats (and dogs that chase cats) broke my blind, and I was too busy to bother doing anything other than clothespin up some fabric to cover the windows.

Kids kept pulling down the fabric. (Can you believe that?! Who's kids would do such a thing?! Maybe it was the cats, because I'm pretty certain my children are angels.) Creepy neighbor across the street stares out his front door, directly at mine. I decided it was time to remedy the situation.

So I took the fabric off the clothespins, cut it out to size. And sewed up a cute little curtain panel that is now hanging on my front door. We even got smart about how to hang this curtain rod! It's on the outside of the door, so now the kids & critters can't even touch it!!

It's cute, I love it, no more creeps staring at me. No more kids tearing down my stuff. It's like complete fabulousness done by me :-)

Pictures to come later, because it was late when I started this post & I'm a busy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment