Friday, March 8, 2013

Growing up

My little girl looks all grown up today after her first "real" haircut ever.  She went almost 6 years with no haircuts other than occasional trims.  She wanted to donate her hair to locks of love and after a few months of bugging asking about it, I finally got an appointment to get it done.






My babies are growing up, and it was pointed out today that perhaps I am as well. I went to my monthly lunch date with a best (still single) friend from high school today. He asked me if we were going to be out at the bar tomorrow night for a band that was playing. I sort of laughed, and told him we had company coming over for dessert.  I told him the highlights of my weekend was going to be watching Lady & the Tramp with the munchkins this evening & visiting with this family tomorrow & church on Sunday.  Oh and that we made it to the Illini game last weekend & that was a big deal for us...the most excitement we've had out in awhile!
My dear friend laughed at me, and reminded me of where I was 10 years ago. The little social butterfly, at all of the gatherings, do all kinds of crazy things.

My kids are growing up, but they are making me grow up too, and I actually really like where life has brought me!

No comments:

Post a Comment