Sunday, January 13, 2013

Smile thru the rough stuff

geesh, I not only burned part of lunch while doing the last blog post, but I also burnt my hand. My fingers actually....typing i shard.

I couldn't not post tho because I hadn't shared the most important thing I wanted to share.

We (D-man, and I) started a class at church today. A class to learn about the foundation & mission of our church. We were given a NIV Study Bible and after the class I was talking to one of the staff members about my 8 year old son asking about a bible of his own & she had us take one for him as well.

We gave it to him as soon as he got out of his class & he was ecstatic!

Talking on the way home, he asked us if we saw the people who were put in the water today in service. I tol dhim no, we had attended a class instead (btw, we had baptisms AND a marriage during service today! Amazing!) but we went on to talk about what baptism meant for us & he made the choice to follow the ABC's of salvation & we are waiting to hear back from the pastor about baptism.

I expect the others will follow suite soon. I have felt they were on the verge for a little while but I vowed not to push too hard as I wanted it to be their own choice. 

I am one happy mom today!!! :-)

The ABCs of salvation....I picked up from a VBS years ago.
A - admit that you are a sinner
B - Believe that Jesus Christ is God's son (and gave his life for us)
C - Commit to living for God

No comments:

Post a Comment