Monday, April 22, 2013

Looking Back. And Forward.

I've tried a few times to start a post about this, but it's ended up long and thru my tears I haven't been able to make sense of my own typing, so be patient with me as I just suck it up & write it out today.

Two years ago to this week, my best friend flew into the midwest, her two young children in tow. She left the sunny, warm beaches of California to be in cold, rainy southern Illinois. She is the bestest ever. EVER. And she may possibly be a tad bit insane to have been here.



I'm glad she was here. She kept me from falling apart & running away on one of the most important days of my life.



April 30th will be the second anniversary of my marriage to the most patient, loving, respectable, caring, kind man I have ever been blessed to meet.

Truth is, reflecting on these last two years, I don't deserve him. He has been so incredible to myself, and to my older children.....(they told me the other day that I was never allowed to divorce him because they always want him as their step-dad).

He has had more faith in me than I have for myself. He has believed in us much more than I had the strength to. If it weren't for him, I don't know where I would be.

We have experienced such a roller coaster of happenings the last two years, but I am ready for more, as long as he is by my side. And my promise to him is to be the wife that God intended for him to have, from here thru to the end of our lives.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment