Friday, March 22, 2013

Sunday's Sermon: The demise of Part 2

I totally jumped the gun in Sunday's Sermon: Part 1.

I'm not even completing my thought's that I had originally been enthralled in.
I didn't even listen to the sermon again, honestly.

But I prayed about the words spoken that ruffled my feathers. And I was taught that it doesn't matter what others say about your worship style as long as you are growing in your relationship with God.

More specifically towards the Catholic church, which seems to catch the most negativity of all denominations.
It doesn't matter if you choose to say the same prayer at every meal time -- it does matter that you are talking to God, it doesn't matter if you ask saints to pray for you -- we all need as much prayer as we can get, and it doesn't matter that you confess your sins in the presence a priest -- as long as you are confessing them for God.

No surprise to anyone that I do love the Catholic church, even though I don't attend one. I'm not sure why I am still surprised at how many other "Christians" from varying denominations are quick to judge without educating themselves and/or being hypocritical in that they don't follow those commands (prayer & confession).

Moving on, I'm not angry anymore at the passive ideas I had thought I had heard. And I can't even confirm they were said (perhaps I wasn't listening as well as I should have been!) But it's over with & God is good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment