Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Modesty.

I may possibly be the only mother who doesn't find the photo bombs of nursing babies to be fantastic.
In fact, I rather dislike them. And in my dislike for them, I'm beginning to see my attitude towards people changing simply based on these photos (of themselves or of photos shared by them on facebook)

Modesty is not a term I was concerned with in my free-spirited younger years. I generally kept clothes on, but low cut, cleavage showing were a non issue.

Then I became a mom (and got fat) and then I became a mom of a daughter. Now modesty is at the top of my vocabulary.

I breastfed 4 of the 5 children & I nursed in public....with a cover on. I don't care about the arguments about how natural it is, or human rights or whatever. I don't like to see your boobs, I don't like to see the FaceBook pictures you share of other people's boobs & I don't like my kids to see any of them either.

That was sort of a rant, but I knew if I posted it directly on FaceBook status, it would cause huge debate & I'm not staying up late enough for that tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment