Saturday, February 9, 2013

2 1/2 years later

I am finally focusing on decorating the house we bought!

Took us forever to decide in the layout of rooms, but now that we got it,its time to make it feel like a home (and then hopefully move to another school district in the next couple of years lol)

I have a lot of wall space in the living room but one wall is planned to be knocked out to create a breakfast bar into the kitchen, and I didn't want to spend a fortune filling in the other walls. I hung up some pictures & wall decor we received as wedding gifts (nearly 2 years ago) on the hallway (visible from living area) and a small corner. I picked out drapes, but haven't received them yet...soon tho--at least I chose a pattern!

Then I focused on a large section of wall. I got a great idea from a Facebook friend a few months ago.

A great FREE idea. A pallet shelf. D-man has an endless supply of pallets from various sources. I had stain.

I takes D-man into helping me pull off some front planks, and I began to stain. As it sat in the basement for about a month, half stained, I decided I wasn't loving the color & abandoned ship.

Last month I came across some picture frames mother-in-law had given us (yay local auctions for cheap, nice frames!). I decided to use left over spray paint to customize them for the living room, afterall we have 5 children & only one collage frame in there...about time we show off the cute munchkins!

But I had nowhere to hang them. Ok, so I had a large wall, but it just wasn't do-able myself. Our walls are rock hard & I wanted something more.

Repainted the pallet, in left over spray paint coordinating colors with the frames. A few weeks later, convinced D-man to hang it & VOILA.

Free shelf. Full wall. Place for frames. (need more frames now!) And I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment