Friday, July 13, 2012

Stepford Wives Saga...

Ok, ok, ok. I will admit it. Being a stay at home mom of 5 children, with a husband who is normally gone all week long had put me in a rut of wearing lots of PJ's and "cooking" simple meals (making a Peanut Butter Sandwich is cooking, right?!?)

So, inspired by some people who I know to pretend their lives are perfect in front of most, I decided to step up my game. No pretending here...life is practically perfect for us :-)

I did something with my hair, albeit I simply braided it on the side, and added some makeup, and even (OMG) put on a dress. A dress!! On a weekday!! For no reason!!

Took the Princess to tumbling, and came home knowing my husband would be home for the evening.





Fresh picked jalapenos from MY garden, became amazing cheese stuffed-bacon wrapped poppers. Breaded Seared & Baked Porkchops with homemade breading, absolutely delish. Cucumber salad, from my garden as well, was a great fresh mix on the side. Oh and don't forget my own red tomatoes sliced into heavenly pieces (oh my gosh. The first few tomatoes of the season are always the best!!!)






D-man, was impressed. And we were able to enjoy the evening relaxing with with family & visiting with some across the street :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment